View as PDF

Important Dates in the History of St George's Mission

1891 - St George's Episcopal Mission built on Whisler Drive through the generosity of the families of Dwight Whiting and Judge W H Keating to serve the residents of Los Alisos City

1893 - Captain Huddy brings his family to El Toro to farm

1897 - Mrs Keating adds chancel (altar area) and vestry to St George's Mission; choir area later

1916 - St George's Mission becomes ward of Holy Trinity Church in Orange

1930s - Services suspended due to low village population

1940 - Building used for non-denominational religious schooling

1943 - Regular Episcopal services resume at St George's Mission; Dwight Whiting rebuilds belfry

1955 - Pews donated to St George's by another church

1966 - St George's Mission no longer a ward of Holy Trinity Church

1969 - New St George's Church built near I5/El Toro Road and the old building leased by other sects

1976 - Saddleback Valley Historical Society acquires St George's Episcopal Mission and moves it to the Heritage Hill site

View as PDF